Secondly I began to sketch some rough drawings, these were to transfer the ideas from my research and put them on paper and see how I can modify them and create something special. I sketched a few poses and some weapons I want my character to have, however I was still confident in doing a landscape environment painting in Photoshop.
 |
| Rough sketches |
I then sketched larger designs, at this point I was pretty sure I had a good idea of what I wanted to do, either a wastelander character design or an environment design containing a wastelander character. After looking through my rough sketches, and using ideas from them I drew 3 main character concepts, 2 wastelanders and the other a kor soldier.
 |
| wastelander sketch 1 |
 |
| kor soldier sketch |
 |
| wastelander sketch 2 |
After collecting reference on the famous Brazilian landmark the Christ of Redeemer statue I wanted to put that idea forward and place it in my futuristic scene, the mountain that surrounds it could be a great area or base for either the Kor military or the wasteland townships. Drawing both versions I felt the Kor city looked far better.
 |
| shanty township built around christ of redeemer statue |
 |
| kor city built around christ of redeemer statue |
I was very happy with the Kor city drawing I did and I wanted to continue with that and paint over it in Photoshop, however after trying different techniques such as over painting a photo and painting over the sketch from scratch I felt it didn’t look as good as how I wanted it to, so I left that idea and chose a wastelander concept.
No comments:
Post a Comment