 |
| Shanty town reference |
 |
| Christ of Redeemer statue reference |
 |
| Aircraft and cargo reference |
 |
| wasteland reference |
 |
| wasteland reference |
Firstly I collected researched and reference, at this point in time I wasn’t completely sure what I wanted to do for my final project so I researched environments as well as character designs, I collected both conceptual reference as well as photo reference, this is because I can see how others have done their concepts and become inspired by some and also to see the standard of the games industry, and photo reference is important because all games and concepts are inspired from creatures or environments from our own world, everything we have here.
I collected a good amount of reference from environments, such as shanty towns, wasteland surroundings, aircraft parts, washed up cargo and after searching famous landmarks I could build my scene around, I felt the Christ of Redeemer statue was perfect. I also looked into creature and vehicle design however I ruled them out because I wasn’t as motivated by them.
I looked into key factors that would help be define my character design such as his clothing, handmade items, robes from thick fabrics, dirt and tears in different places and salvaged cobbled together weapons, their resources are very limited after all.
 |
| wastelander concepts |
 |
| wastelander concepts |
|
 |
| wastelander reference |
No comments:
Post a Comment