Friday, 6 January 2012

Final Design

final sketch
Finally I chose my final sketch and scanned it so I could digitally paint over the drawing in Photoshop.  I began by blocking out the main shapes and colours by painting over the sketch, I then used lighter and darker tones to create shading and lighting on my character, making it look more defined, to me the wastelander looks a little cartoonish, I wanted more of a realistic look which I couldn’t quite get.

basic paint over
added highlights and detail
I finally added a pale, cold, winter background behind the wastelander, in the brief it mentioned to think about different environments and weather types I felt due to his clothing he fits a cold blizzard weather style, using tools such as colour match I was able to make them both blend well together so the character doesn’t look out of place. And finally I added shading and shadow detail on the floor, which I believe looks good as I could identify the light source well.

This is the photoshop file containing all the layers of my concept drawing.
http://www.4shared.com/photo/Pm76R-hB/wastelander2.html

This is the photoshop file containing the final image with background.
http://www.4shared.com/photo/WSxP7Ldp/wastelander.html

final rendered concept

No comments:

Post a Comment